I've been tagged by Jon and Elaine and I always enjoy reading these on other people's blogs, so I thought I'd play along. It's similar to the round we played before, but let's play again, shall we?
1) Link to the person that tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people at the end of your post and link to their blogs
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the fun begin!
1. I'm stealing this one from Jon but I too am an Excel junkie. Sometimes I organize things that don't need to be organized just so I can keep a spreadsheet about it. Everything from our grocery list to our Christmas gift lists to our address book is in an Excel file. Having the data meticulously organized and sortable by any number of criteria thrills me.
2. I hate to eat (which you wouldn't know by my weight ;) ). I've always hated eating. I resent the amount of time it wastes. As such, I often eat on the run, and when I am seated I am always the first one done. I try to discipline myself to eat slower but it's a habit I developed in high school and college to get more time in the day by spending less time eating and it's a hard habit to break, all these years later!
3. My brother and my biological father have the same name. My cousin and I have the same name. Once when we were young, we were celebrating Christmas with said cousin's family so there were a disproportionate number of gifts marked "Jennifer" and "Jeff" under the Christmas tree. I could read and my little brother could not. So on Christmas Eve I woke him up and we snuck downstairs. I convinced him that all the presents under the tree were for us. He knew enough to know that his name didn't start with a D (other cousin's first initial) or R (mom's initial) so he questioned me on those packages. I told him that mom just got our names wrong. Clearly all the presents were supposed to be for us because there were so many that had the right names. He bought it and we dismantled every package under the tree. To this day, I still catch flack for that! It was though, the most mischievous thing I've ever done.
4. Occasionally I narrate my dog's thoughts and expect whomever I'm narrating to (usually DH) to converse back.
5. I always wanted to have artistic talent. I can scrapbook but I'm a miserable seamstress, painter, sculptor, musician, and gardener. If I had my pick, I'd love to be able to sing.
6. I'm a sucker for a good chick-flick. I have about 10 or 20 that are my favorites and when I'm home alone I'll often put one on as background noise. I know them well enough that I don't have to stop what I'm doing and watch, but it makes the house a little less lonely. I'd rather watch my tired old favorites over and over again than watch a new movie.
That's it! 6 more random things about me! I'm tagging Sara, Trish and Heather.