Monday, May 10, 2010

Shifting (Rather, Expanding) Focus + New EA Resources

This blog has had a few identity-crises in its young life. It tends to wander as much as my thoughts do, covering everything from the mundane goings on of our life, to our progress in our adoption, and everything in between. It serves as a way to keep people we know updated on our life.

But, we also want to serve as a "picture" of embryo adoption. I get emails relatively regularly from people who find my blog in their own search for more information on it. Honestly, as much as I love telling our story to our friends and family, those are the emails I love the most, because I have such a heart for spreading the word about Embryo Adoption.

I want this to be a real picture of it. The good, the bad, the ugly, and the plain-old hard. But I also want it to be informative in terms of the process itself, relevant developments in research and law, the emergence of new resources, etc.

So, to that end, I will now be including more clinical type information on my blog. I will still be including our personal story, because I think that's as relevant to the picture as "the facts" but be forewarned that those of you who bore easily may be skipping an occasional post or two henceforth :)

So, I invite you to keep reading, as much or as little as you would like, and let me know if you ever have any questions about Embryo Adoption!

Resources for the day:
•Governor Brewer (R-AZ), just signed SB1307 on Friday, which is a new bill that protects the dignity of the human embryo.  It bans embryonic stem-cell research, cloning, and combining human embryos with non-human cells or implanting them in non-human bodies. It also prevents the sale of human embryos.  This is wonderful news in the effort to restore and protect the dignity of these precious little lives.  It unfortunately does not prohibit the destruction of embryos; it simply says you cannot conduct research on them. While this bill does not pertain directly to Embryo Adoption, join me in praying that the people who once planned to donate their embryos to research would choose to give life to them, rather than their remaining alternatives of destroying them or leaving them frozen indefinitely.

•Canada now has its first Open Embryo Adoption/Donation program. Click here for more information.

•The Embryo Donation and Adoption Awareness Center has a list of all Embryo Adoption programs in the United States. There are countless additional donation programs, as many clinics offer private, anonymous options.

I think that's all for now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment