Thursday, July 3, 2008


Hi everyone,

Well, everything from the week is done. We did all our tests and exams-they went off without a hitch.

We also made it safely to and from our meeting yesterday. The meeting went well--they seem to be exactly the people they say they are which was great. You can really be anyone you want to be on the internet, so it was comforting to see that they ARE nice, normal people.

There was a lot of information they shared yesterday that was pretty overwhelming (for me anyway) so I'm still processing so I don't really have much to share in the way of an update. Everything went well and we walked away really knowing as much as we could have expected to know at the end of the day. We knew we wouldn't walk away with a "final answer." Both families are going to take some time to think and pray and then we'll talk down the road. But from everything we could see yesterday, everything seemed very positive.

The next step (giving a definite "yes" or "no") is hard for someone like me who has such a fearful nature. But that would be true with any match and has nothing to do with this situation. It's just now, the rubber meets the road and the reality and finality of any decision starts to sink in. We'd love your prayers for wisdom and peace and I'm sure they would, too!

That's all I have in the way of an update. I can share more later if this does "go through" but in the mean time, I want to respect the "maybe" nature of the situation. Trust me, both the genetic mom and I are eager to share "our story" but we both want to know what the next chapter will be, first.

Thanks for your prayers. If nothing else, we had a nice time, a safe trip, and they're really great people to know so we've already gained something!

PS: Our adoption caseworker said that the fact that it doesn't sound like I'm shouting from the rooftops gives her cause for concern. Don't read in to's not in my personality to be like that in a new situation. I'm just too cautious (overly so, this I know!). Don't read in to it. (Genetic-Dad is really cautious by nature too, so I know he understands!) As simultaneously strongly and cautiously as I can, I say that yesterday's meeting went very very well and is very promising. I'm as bursting with excitement as I will allow myself to be while things are still a "maybe." Believe me, if we get a final "yes" from God and from them, I WILL be shouting from the rooftops. But until then, I think protecting my heart is the best course of action.


  1. Coming over from Sara's blog to first, I sincerely send you all the best, and second, You have the BEST SMILE, so Thank you for that! My prayers for wisdom and peace are on their way along with prayers & wishes for a Baby to be on his/her way to you all real soon.

  2. So glad the meeting went well! I thought about you a lot yesterday.

    And I'm all about the cautious optimism. It's not a cause for concern! It's a sign of intelligence!

  3. I will definitely be sending my prayers your way for a smooth outcome. I think what you said about protecting your heart to be so honest and true. Just because you may act in a more quiet nature regarding your feelings doesn't mean that you aren't excited. Gosh your personality sounds so similar to mine. So I can totally relate to what you're saying. But from someone who is similar, I can tell that you are as happy and excited about the process about everyone else - we just show it in a different way. I find I even approach my pregnancy that way at times...when things are going well I don't shout from the rooftops, but I am happy, and optomistic, and grateful. I know you are too. Hugs!!

  4. We will continue to pray for you guys and wait with anticipation to see what God does!