Sunday, May 20, 2012

Switching Gears

This is no longer a blog about Embryo Adoption. Excepting this post, I have removed all of my posts about Embryo Adoption, as well as most of the information in my sidebar about it.

The reason is that in my passion for promoting Embryo Adoption Awareness, I have become careless with our relationship with Matthew's Genetic Parents. Though I never intended to, in some of the things I've written about Embryo Adoption, IVF, Placing Parents (both generically and specifically), I have hurt them.  I've said things that have hurt them and I've communicated to them that my passion for awareness is more important to me than them.

Embryo Adoption Awareness is  important to me. It always will be. But my relationship with them is more important, so I am stepping away from EA Awareness efforts. I will be declining media interviews and I will not be writing here or elsewhere further on the topic. I don't know if this is permanent or temporary. They have not asked me to do it; I am doing it to try to show honor to them. Something is being lost in translation and I don't even want to provide myself with the opportunity to offend them so the best way to do that is to just refrain from the topic altogether. Beau and Sheila, I am so, so sorry.

I started blogging about EA in early 2008 when we started our EA journey, largely because I was the only one (who I could find) who was doing it. I couldn't find any information for myself as I investigated it, so I started blogging, hoping to help someone else who might come later in their own search on Embryo Adoption. Thankfully, there are now dozens of women who blog about Embryo Adoption. If you are here looking for information, please refer to my blog list on the right for links to many different blogs written by women who have built their families through EA. I am sure any number of them would be willing to chat with you and assist you. Thank you, EA bloggy friends, for sharing your stories! I have also left up my list of various agencies and organizations that provide Embryo Adoption services so please do check out those links. I am still available to talk privately by email, but I will not be publicly discussing EA anymore.

Embryo Adoption is important to me. It will always be a part of our family's story and I will be grateful for it for all of my days. Matthew will always know the truth about how he joined our family. This is not an attempt to disguise or conceal anything.

Snowflake Family will now be "just" about the sweetest little baby (toddler!) I know, and his antics (and sometimes his parents, too). I still desire to keep up with our friends and family around the country and this is a wonderful tool to do this. If you like mommy blogs and stories about mischievous little boys, please stick around! I kept my media reviews on infertility but for the most part, the rest of the blog starts now with transfer #3 and my pregnancy with Matthew.  I deleted everything I could find that was specifically about EA.

Thank you for your understanding, and for your prayers as I try to repair the hurts I have caused.