Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bad combination: Exhaustion and Insomnia

Just a little update on the fatigue I mentioned the other day. Right now I'm struggling with being as tired as I was, but not being able to sleep at all. When I'm alone with my thoughts it's hard to keep my mind from racing. They're not always worries--sometimes it's curiosity, ethical dilemmas, prayers, memories but night time seems to be the time my mind and heart runs wild with the "what ifs" and "maybes" of this journey. And no matter how hard I try, I can't will myself to stop thinking! It's frustrating and exhausting because it exacerbates the problem of feeling too tired to do much. It also heightens my emotional sensitivity which I'm sure doesn't make me much of a good wife or friend. So, your continued prayers would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment